Current:Home > NewsSean “Diddy” Combs’ Homes Are Raided by Federal Agents -Secure Horizon Growth
Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Homes Are Raided by Federal Agents
SafeX Pro View
Date:2025-04-06 12:34:50
Sean "Diddy" Combs' homes are under inspection.
Authorities conducted a raid of two of the rapper's multi-million dollar mansions on March 25, multiple sources confirmed to NBC News.
During the raid, federal investigators from Homeland Security executed search warrants ordered by the Southern District of New York at Combs' home in Los Angeles, as well as at a Miami property belonging to the music mogul, per the outlet.
"Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners," a rep from Homeland Security Investigations said in a March 25 statement to E! News. "We will provide further information as it becomes available."
E! News reached out to Combs' rep for comment but has not heard back.
A source familiar with the investigation told NBC News the inspection of Combs' properties may be connected to a federal investigation related to allegations of sex-trafficking, sexual assault and the solicitation and distribution of illegal narcotics and firearms, after three lawsuits were filed against the 54-year-old back in November. Since the investigation started, three women and a man have been interviewed in Manhattan about the accusations and three more interviews have been scheduled, according to the source.
The musician—who has also gone by the names Love, P. Diddy and Puff Daddy—denied the accusations last year.
"The claims involving alleged misconduct against Mr. Combs from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute are all completely denied and rejected by him," a spokesperson for Combs told E! News Nov. 23 in response to the wave of lawsuits. "He recognizes this as a money grab. Because of Mr. Combs' fame and success, he is an easy target for accusers who will falsify the truth, without conscience or consequence, for financial benefit."
The federal inquiry into Combs' homes also arrives four months after the Bad Boy Records founder—who is father to kids Quincy Taylor Brown, 32, Justin Combs, 29, Christian Combs, 25, Chance Combs, 17, twins D'Lila and Jessie Combs, 16, and Love Sean Combs, 15 months—reached a settlement with his ex-girlfriend Cassie over her lawsuit accusing him of rape and abuse.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie—full name Cassandra Ventura—said in a Nov. 17 statement to NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Combs—who denied all of the "Me & U" singer's allegations—also released a statement following the settlement, saying the former couple, who split in 2018, had "decided to resolve this matter amicably."
He added, "I wish Cassie and her family the best."
(E! News and NBC News are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (8)
Related
- San Francisco names street for Associated Press photographer who captured the iconic Iwo Jima photo
- Hybrid cars are still incredibly popular, but are they good for the environment?
- California woman released by captors nearly 8 months after being kidnapped in Mexico
- Inside Clean Energy: Not a Great Election Year for Renewable Energy, but There’s Reason for Optimism
- Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
- Supreme Court to hear case that threatens existence of consumer protection agency
- Katy Perry Gives Update on Her Sobriety Pact With Orlando Bloom
- With the World Focused on Reducing Methane Emissions, Even Texas Signals a Crackdown on ‘Flaring’
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
- Transcript: Rep. Michael McCaul on Face the Nation, July 16, 2023
Ranking
- Spooky or not? Some Choa Chu Kang residents say community garden resembles cemetery
- Dylan Lyons, a 24-year-old TV journalist, was killed while reporting on a shooting
- Citing an ‘Imminent’ Health Threat, the EPA Orders Temporary Shut Down of St. Croix Oil Refinery
- Houston’s Mayor Asks EPA to Probe Contaminants at Rail Site Associated With Nearby Cancer Clusters
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- A Deadly Summer in the Pacific Northwest Augurs More Heat Waves, and More Deaths to Come
- North Dakota, Using Taxpayer Funds, Bailed Out Oil and Gas Companies by Plugging Abandoned Wells
- Inside Clean Energy: Four Things Biden Can Do for Clean Energy Without Congress
Recommendation
Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
House Democrats plan to force vote on censuring Rep. George Santos
Flash Deal: Get a Samsung Galaxy A23 5G Phone for Just $105
With the World Focused on Reducing Methane Emissions, Even Texas Signals a Crackdown on ‘Flaring’
South Korean president's party divided over defiant martial law speech
How (and why) Gov. Ron DeSantis took control over Disney World's special district
Texas city strictly limits water consumption as thousands across state face water shortages
Eli Lilly cuts the price of insulin, capping drug at $35 per month out-of-pocket