Current:Home > MarketsRekubit-Post-Tucker Carlson, Fox News hopes Jesse Watters will bring back viewers -Secure Horizon Growth
Rekubit-Post-Tucker Carlson, Fox News hopes Jesse Watters will bring back viewers
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 11:14:19
Fox News is Rekubitrevamping its prime-time lineup amid a recent ratings decline triggered by the ouster of Tucker Carlson in April.
The new schedule puts Jesse Watters Primetime in Carlson's old 8 p.m. slot, with Watters also to remain a co-host on The Five. Laura Ingraham's The Ingraham Angle will shift from 10 p.m. to 7 p.m., while Sean Hannity's Hannity will remain at 9 p.m. Gutfeld!, hosted by conservative comedian Greg Gutfeld, will move to 10 p.m.
In addition, the 11 p.m. hour will now be the home to Fox News @ Night, anchored by Trace Gallagher.
"Fox News Channel has been America's destination for news and analysis for more than 21 years and we are thrilled to debut a new lineup," Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott said in a statement. "The unique perspectives of Laura Ingraham, Jesse Watters, Sean Hannity, and Greg Gutfeld will ensure our viewers have access to unrivaled coverage from our best-in-class team for years to come."
The new lineup takes effect July 17.
The Rupert Murdoch-owned news network yanked Carlson off the air after settling a massive defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million over the network's airing of bogus claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential election. Fox News and Carlson have also been sued for a hostile work environment by a former senior producer who alleged his show was rife with bigotry and sexism.
The conservative provocateur became a star at the network by spewing xenophobic and often hateful rhetoric that appeals to the far right. More recently he amassed an even greater following by claiming that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was harmless and also simultaneously arranged by antifa and the FBI.
Watters, who first joined the news network in 2002 as a production assistant, is also no stranger to controversy. He was one of several right-wing media personalities who have promoted the false narrative that drag is a left-wing plot to sexualize children. Following the mass shooting at Colorado's Club Q last year, Watters falsely said drag shows were designed to "change the mainstream opinion of fringe sexual activity, including, but not limited to, sex with children."
He also received blowback after urging young conservatives to "ambush" the nation's former top infectious disease expert, Anthony Fauci, and "go in for the kill shot."
Despite his dismissal from Fox News, Carlson is still under contract with the network, which says he is not allowed to launch a competing show until his contract ends in early 2025.
But that hasn't stopped him from starting a new one anyway. Earlier this month, he premiered Tucker on Twitter, short 10 to 15 minute long videos that are more monologue than talk show.
Fox News has sent Carlson a cease and desist letter saying he is in violation of his deal.
veryGood! (46951)
Related
- Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
- 2 suspects, including teen, arrested in connection to New York City murder of Nadia Vitel
- Both major lottery jackpots ballooning: Latest news on Mega Millions, Powerball drawings
- Trump invitation to big donors prioritizes his legal bills over RNC
- Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
- Why Frankie Muniz Does Not Allow His Son to Become a Child Actor
- Duke upsets Ohio State in women's March Madness, advances to NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
- Millie Bobby Brown and Jake Bongiovi Celebrate Third Dating Anniversary Ahead of Wedding
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- How the Kate Middleton Story Flew So Spectacularly Off the Rails
Ranking
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- How true is the movie on Shirley Chisholm, the first Black woman elected to Congress?
- March Madness winners and losers from Saturday: Kansas exits early, NC State keeps winning
- Former gaming executive sentenced to death in poisoning of billionaire Netflix producer in China
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- This NBA star always dreamed of being a teacher. So students in Brooklyn got the substitute teacher of a lifetime.
- King Charles III and Princess Kate have cancer. What they've said, what to know
- What is Purim? What to know about the Jewish holiday that begins Saturday evening
Recommendation
Military service academies see drop in reported sexual assaults after alarming surge
At least 2 killed, several injured in crash involving school bus carrying pre-K students outside Austin, Texas
U.K. man gets 37 years for fatally poisoning couple with fentanyl, rewriting their will
U.K. man gets 37 years for fatally poisoning couple with fentanyl, rewriting their will
Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
Chick-Fil-A backtracks from its no-antibiotics-in-chicken pledge, blames projected supply shortages
Rep. Mike Gallagher says he’s resigning early, leaving House Republicans with thinnest of majorities
Both major lottery jackpots ballooning: Latest news on Mega Millions, Powerball drawings