Current:Home > MyPrincess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says -Secure Horizon Growth
Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 05:51:08
Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales, 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Princess Kate hospitalizedfor abdominal surgery, postpones royal engagements, palace says
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
King Charles recently treated for an enlarged prostate
That same day as the news of Kate's surgery, Buckingham Palace announced King Charles III would undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate.
King Charles was admitted to a London hospital for the scheduled treatment, the palace announced Friday.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said.
On. Jan 17, Buckingham Palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The palace said the king's condition is "benign," but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
King Charles III to be hospitalizedfor enlarged prostate, palace says
veryGood! (781)
Related
- Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
- Rooftop Solar Keeps Getting More Accessible Across Incomes. Here’s Why
- Arctic Tundra Shifts to Source of Climate Pollution, According to New Report Card
- Analysis: After Juan Soto’s megadeal, could MLB see a $1 billion contract? Probably not soon
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- OCBC chief Helen Wong joins Ho Ching, Jenny Lee on Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- We can't get excited about 'Kraven the Hunter.' Don't blame superhero fatigue.
- Biden says he was ‘stupid’ not to put his name on pandemic relief checks like Trump did
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Is that Cillian Murphy as a zombie in the '28 Years Later' trailer?
Ranking
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- Chiquis comes from Latin pop royalty. How the regional Mexican star found her own crown
- 'Vanderpump Rules' star DJ James Kennedy arrested on domestic violence charges
- Morgan Wallen's Chair Throwing Case Heading to Criminal Court
- Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
- Wisconsin kayaker who faked his death and fled to Eastern Europe is in custody, online records show
- What is Sora? Account creation paused after high demand of AI video generator
- GM to retreat from robotaxis and stop funding its Cruise autonomous vehicle unit
Recommendation
Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
Australian man arrested for starting fire at Changi Airport
Wisconsin kayaker who faked his death and fled to Eastern Europe is in custody, online records show
OpenAI releases AI video generator Sora to all customers
SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
Michael Cole, 'The Mod Squad' and 'General Hospital' actor, dies at 84
Morgan Wallen's Chair Throwing Case Heading to Criminal Court
'Wicked' sing